Disc Golf FAQs

What do you call it? Frisbee Golf? Disc Golf?

Before you go further, you should know that what you’re looking for is a disc, not a Frisbee. While lots of folks grew up throwing a Frisbee at the beach or in the park, the word ‘Frisbee’ (a registered trademark of the Wham-O toy company), is not usually used by today’s disc golfers. The discs used for disc golf are specifically designed to be more aerodynamic; they are faster, smaller, and fly further. They can be called discs, golf discs, disc golf discs, or even ‘frolf’ discs.

View all FAQs
1 of 3