Why Disc Golf Information
Why Disc Golf:
- Disc golf is a fun, leisure way to exercise and enjoy the outdoors while enjoying time with others usually in groups of 4 or less.
- You will find disc golf will take less time to play than your standard 18 holes of ball golf. An average game of 18 holes of disc golf can be completed in under 2 hours.
- Disc golf is very affordable especially if you bring the family.
- You will not require tee times, you can pay for a round or stay the day with the purchase of a day pass.
- Disc golf is easier to learn and can only improve with time or get some assistance with affordable lessons.
- Cost is less expensive for discs and gear needed to fill your bag to get started.
- Disc golf can be a year round sport including in the winter. To avoid loosing a disc in the snow you can tape a long piece of ribbon to the underside. There is still that chance of loosing it but inexpensive to replace compared to a club in ball golf.
I’m new to disc golf:
It can be tempting to want to try a variety of discs, including high speed ones. But until a player develops a feel for throwing disc golf discs, it is better to focus on learning two or three. Innova’s DX 3 Pack Starter Set is available here on our site. Additional great options for new players include Aviar, Leopard, Polecat, Wombat,& Stingray.
What are the best golf discs for a younger child?
The best recommendation would be discs that weigh 135g or less such as the Leopard, Polecat or the Shark.
For older kids, the 150g weights would be a better choice. We recommend Archangel, Aviar, Leopard, Sidewinder or Valkyrie which can be found here on our website or visit our extensive Pro Shop and an experienced team member can assist you with your selections.